Lima was the viceregal capital during the Spanish conquest, and this colonial majesty survives to this day in its splendid historic centre, awarded UNESCO World Heritage status in 1988. Its baroque churches of great artistic and religious significance, together with its mansions and townhouses, make Lima an unforgettable destination, and this is to say nothing of the food, regarded as some of the best in the world.
Also known as the City of Kings, Lima is the capital of Peru and its main transport hub. Many tourists pass quickly through the capital on route to Cusco and Machu Picchu, however we recommend that you stick around for a few days to enjoy the fascinating sights of one of Latin America’s finest cities.
• 3 day (2 night) trip
• Arrival and departure transfers between Lima airport, as well as and daily excursions
• Visit the fascinating Rafael Larco Museum, with its pre-Columbian collection
• Visit Plaza de Armas and the Lima Cathedral
• Discover the San Francisco Monastery, with its amazing catacombs and fascinating library
• Explore the ancient archeological complex of Huaca Pucllana
• Buy some cotton clothing, in a country famous for the quality of its cotton
• Try some fish cured in lemon juice at one of Lima’s top cevicherias