Discover the Mapuche culture, Chile´s largest ethnic group. The Mapuche are the “people of the land” and nowadays, most are settled in the area surrounding Pucon, the perfect location for you to enjoy the comfort of one of the unique hotels offered by the town while learning more about this culture and the fascinating nature that surrounds it.
With this program you will discover the cultural and historical wealth of the Mapuches: their traditions, the diversity of their natural ecosystems and their exquisite traditional cuisine. Combine this program with other outdoor activities and sightseeing in the Lakes and Volcanoes district. Sure to be, an unforgettable experience!
• 4 day (3 night) trip
• Arrival and departure transfers between Temuco airport, as well as daily excursions
• Climb Volcano Villarrica
• Visit volcanic caves to learn about Chile’s geomorphology in some of the country’s most active volcanoes
• Visit the Huerquehue National Park
• Day trip to one of the area’s many hot springs
• Rafting in the Trancura River
• Spend time with a Mapuche family and learn about Mapuche medicine and customs
• Enjoy handmade chocolate from the area
• Extension to Puerto Varas