With the rugged plains of the Patagonian Steppe to the east, the towering snowy peaks of the Andes to the west, and the great expanse of the sparkling Lake Nahuel Huapi in front, Bariloche is the place to come for a family adventure.
This southern Argentinean city offers a wide range of activities for everyone in the family, from fishing, hiking, climbing and skiing, to sunbathing, pleasant sightseeing tours, boat trips, driving excursions, fine dining and shopping at the town’s many boutique stores.
Bariloche is one of those must-see destinations to check off your list in the company of your love ones.
• 3 day (2 night) trip
• Arrival and departure transfers between Bariloche airport, as well as daily excursions
• Complement your experience crossing the Andes from or to Puerto Varas and stay for a minimum of three nights to discover the many services and breathtaking landscapes the city has to offer
• Visit the Mount Catedral ski resort, with its Kids Club (available all year round)
• Excursions in Nahuel Huapi National Park, where several activities are available depending on the age of your children
• Trips to Victoria Island and the Arrayanes Forest, where, according to local legend, Walt Disney was inspired to write Bambi
• Take a gondola ride in Cerro Otto
• Stop for tea in the pioneering Swiss colony
• Visit the crafts and produce market at the Plaza El Bolson, 81 miles (130 km) south of Bariloche
• Enjoy a walk along the main street where you can find many chocolate stores and the irresistible Museum of Chocolate, located in the centre
• Extension to San Martin de los Andes