Picture a quiet town with a blue lake and the perfectly cone-shaped Volcano Villarica rising up in the background for your next family vacation. If this sounds like paradise, look no further than Pucon. Here you will find not only an impeccable setting in which to relax, but will also encounter the perfect balance between spending time with your loved ones and enjoying the many excursions that offer contact with the local inhabitants and the outstanding nature that is on offer.
This program will let you share precious moments with your family, on activities that can be enjoyed together, such as cycling between Pucon and Calafquen, climbing to the top of Villarica Volcano, exploring the Huerquehue National Park, and meeting a local Mapuche family as well as sample their cooking. Or if you’d rather just relax, why not spend a day at the many hot springs in the area surrounding the town.
• 4 day (3 night) trip
• Arrival and departure transfers between Temuco airport, as well as daily excursions
• During the winter months (July–September), skiing at the Pucon Ski Center on the slopes of the active Volcano Villarica
• Mingle with Chileans during the summer holiday season in January and February
• Take a day trip to one of the many hot springs, such as the Termas Geométricas (Geometric Hot Springs)
• Enjoy chocolates at the traditional Rucamalal Chocolate Factory
• Try the local pine kernels
• Spend an afternoon with a Mapuche family in Curarrehue, Lonquimay or Lautaro
• Enjoy a cultural talk with a Mapuche family in a ruca (the traditional Mapuche huts) and try the traditional South American mate tea
• Get your adrenaline pumping at the Bosque Adventure Park where you can enjoy canopy adventures, slack lining, swings, bungee jumping and rafting
• Extension to San Martin