Let us introduce you to an Argentinean town whose origins date back to the days when this remote region was a place for rearing sheep and selling their wool. All this had changed by 1938 when the southern continental ice region was declared a national park, and visitors from all over the world began flocking to the new tourist hub of Calafate, with its wide range of hotels, transportation and excursions, typical austral cuisine, and regional products and handicrafts.
On your visit to this Patagonian town, you most certainly will not want to miss the Perito Moreno Glacier, one of Argentina’s most important natural attractions that consists of an imposing mass of ice surrounded by endless forests and mountains.
Calafate is the perfect point of departure for a visit to Argentinean Patagonia: visit a typical ranch, try horse riding, trekking over glaciers, or experience a hike through the amazing landscape, to mention just a few of the wide range of activities in the area.
• 5 day (4 night) experience
• Arrival and departure transfers between Calafate airport, as well as daily excursions
• Connect to Torres del Paine National Park in Chile
• Take in the Perito Moreno and Upsala Glaciers
• Experience an unforgettable walk over the glacier
• Enjoy a sea safari