With a surface of over 4,970 square miles (8,000 km²) and a wide variety of flora and fauna, the island of Chiloe is definitely the place to discover nature in its purest form. If you are searching for a one-of-a-kind adventure, look no further!
Just south of Puerto Montt, across the Chacao Channel, your experience will begin when you disembark from the 45 minute ferry crossing from the mainland that will deliver you to a whole new world. If you visit during the summer months, there is a good chance that you will see penguins and even whales, and there are many kinds of birds to be seen throughout the year.
Chiloe’s lush green landscape, with its channels and native forests awaits discovery. With a National Park and another protected area of 118,000 hectares, it is the perfect place for outdoor activities, such as trekking, cycling and kayaking.
We invite you to visit this Chilean island with its wealth of unspoilt nature, local culture and amazing seafood!
• 4 day (3 night) trip
• Extend your stay to Puerto Varas
• Arrival and departure transfers between Puerto Montt or Castro airport or Puerto Varas Hotel, as well as daily excursions
• Do not miss a visit to the Chiloe National Park
• Trekking in the Tantauco Park
• Kayak trips in Chepu
• Buy local handicrafts at the Castro and Dalcahue market
• Enjoy a seafood empanada at one of the Puñihuil restaurants